As a life-long learner committed to exploring my own creativity and to helping others discover their abilities, I’ve devoted the past several decades to creative exploration through writing and the visual arts.
I enjoy sharing my skills and experiences with people to help them discover the joys of creativity and owe a great deal to the artists and other creatives who have inspired and encouraged me along the way.
Over the past ten years, I’ve discovered and explored a passion for painting and drawing, in particular abstract portraits, landscapes and non-representational work using a variety of media—oil and cold wax, acrylic, charcoal and ink. During this time, I travelled to Italy, Mexico City and the north coast of Scotland to study painting.
In 2019, after living in Canada’s far north (Yellowknife, Northwest Territories) for almost twenty years, I left my full-time job behind and relocated to Edmonton, Alberta in order to devote more time to my art. The people, landscapes and artists I encounter continue to inspire me and I’m excited to be sharing my work with you!
- York University, Toronto, Ontario
- Specialized Honours BA, French Translation, 2001
- Pamela Caughey
- Powerful Design and Personal Color (online course – January 2019)
- Acrylic and Mixed Media Techniques (online course – July 2019)
- Watch Learn Grow (master class – ongoing)
- Gillian Lee Smith
- Portraits – Your Art, Your Way (online course – March 2017
- A Moment in Time (Gardenstown, Scotland – October 2016)
- Drawn to Expression (online course – February/March 2016)
- Julian Hyzler
- Easel and Lens/Artist in Italy Art Workshop (Chuisi, Italy – October 2015)
- Shawna Lampi-Legaree
- Drawing I (Yellowknife, NT – September 2015)
- Kate Thompson
- Fractured Portraits – (online course, 2015)
- Jane Davenport
- Viva Frida – Mexico City, Mexico (April, 2015)
- Jeanne Oliver
- Studying Under the Masters – Jeanne Oliver (online course, 2014)
- Faces of Abstract (November 2017)
- Joint exhibit in Yellowknife with Adele Bisaillon
- Aurora Arts Society
- Member’s Exhibit and Sale (2014)
- Sketchbook Project, Brooklyn Art Library, Brooklyn, NY. Permanent and travelling collection.
Teaching and workshops
Ecole Sir John Franklin High School Oil and Cold Wax Medium workshop (Yellowknife, NT – November 2018)
- Art Date (workshops in Yellowknife)
- Exploring with watercolour (November 2017)
- Resistance is futile! Gouache Resist (May 2017)
- Intro to portraiture (July 2016)
- Don’t be afraid to cover up! (July 2015)
- Arts on the Ave Edmonton
- NWT Arts Society
- Artists in Canada